Wednesday, 14 November 2012

The Little Things

Have you ever stopped to take the time to think about those little things in life that we take for granted? I was walking to class today and realized that I don't take enough time in the day to be thankful for everything that I have.
 
The sun's light is magnificent. How lucky are we to have this wonderful source of light?! It wakes us up in the morning and shines on us. It gives the plants the energy that they need to make their food (which serve as our food!). Or what about the moon that gives light at night?
Then there's all these beautiful plants. Some provide us with our own food, and others are simply beautiful to look at. Some flowers are so beautiful that we give then as gifts o others on special occasions or if someone is ill.
Have you thought about the home that you live in? We don't have to look for somewhere to keep us warn or sheltered at night because we have our houses. We have a roof on our heads every night. We have beds to sleep on, and covers to keep us warm. We have food to eat so that we don't become weak. We have water to drink to supply our body with sustenance.
Even if sometimes seems that money is tight, think about how fortunate you are to have what you do. You may not have money to buy everything that you want, but do you have money to feed yourself properly? Can you afford clothes to keep you warm and dressed? Do you have money to buy yourself a coffee when you need that caffeine boost? Do you have a way of getting to work or school - whether it is by bus or car? Can you afford a cell phone or computer - even if it not latest model?
 
Do you go to school or work? Are you healthy and well to study or work? It may not always be fun or easy, but have you thought about those who are too ill to do these things, or cannot find a job? Do you have someone - anyone at all - to talk to if you need a listening ear? Your family, friends, religious community, coworkers, etc?
 
I don't know about you, but I've never thought of half these things to be thankful for. We are so caught up with our daily hassles that we forget how blessed we are to have all we do. It's very humbling to stop and make a list of things of things you have that make you thankful - you start to realize that despite all your struggles, there are many good things in your life.
"Thanks be to God!" (1 Corinthians 15:57).
 
PS: I'm also thankful for this blog and having this place to let out my thoughts, plus all you wonderful readers!

8 comments:

  1. We're thankful for YOU! :D
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said the benifits of complete recovery is to see,feel,and hear the positive things of every thing and to be thankful for.
    I love this blog.
    you are making my day today

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow
    This means you are also a priest like me.
    Reading this blog and last one showed me how humble am I and how blessed you are .
    Jesus is hope and love .
    Your blog gives hope to those who needed the most.
    I urge you to consider serving at your church,you have a blessing and you can give

    May God bless you more and more

    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can not tell you how much I feel this morning when I read this blog.
    Thank you so much

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Marina
    To me as a recoevred Ed this means a lot .
    First means that your steps in recovery going very well.
    Second means you now looking at positive aspect of every thing and be thankful for and this is totally the opposite of ED thought .We know ED thoughts always negative ,wrong and destructive .
    This means you are almost completley free from ED with all his strings .Finally you are showing sweet kind heart to those who have little money ,poor ,homeless and be thankful when We have little more than those.
    You are a great young women


    Recovered ED victim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is really teaching me something.
    I am a tough guy ,but not greedy,however I want more and more of everything.
    I hardly thank any body and easy to critisize
    Your blog is changing me
    I will look at those little things and always be positive and optimistic
    Thank you so much
    Your blog is a lot of things to me and I should be thankful for knowing you

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sometimes the little things for some one is a huge thing for others.
    It is a blessing and positivity to be thankful
    I really see your recovery and back to school,your blog your kindness all are not just little thing but huge things and deserve the big thanks to our Lord

    Merriett
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ms Hope
    Just today one of my old friend phoned me and he used to be negative and I felt he tone of voice is differnt and so I asked him.
    He said I stopped being negative and now I am looking for any thing positive and I will keep looking for the positive and I am sure I will find the positives as long as I am keeping looking .
    I felt this is a piece of wisdom like Marina'sA-Z tips


    Shady

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.