Sunday, 29 September 2013

SMILE!

Have you ever had one of 'those days' when you REALLY do not feel happy? It is as though everything is going wrong and nothing is going right. You know: you forgot to pay your bills so now you have to pay interest, your child is sick but you need to go to work, you are tired and do not want to get out of bed, and there are a million things that you need to get done but do not have the energy, motivation, or will-power to do any of them.

Well, I had one of those days yesterday. And what really helped me was writing reasons why I should smile instead of frown. Why I should be happy and thankful instead of being down and gloomy. Here are my thoughts - I hope they lighten up your day and fill you with peace and joy!....

Smile today because you are alive. Smile because you can see, hear, and walk. Smile because you woke up in a house and not the street. Smile because you have food to eat and need not starve. Smile because you have clothes and need not be cold.

Smile because although life is hard, these challenges make you stronger. Smile because although you have work, it keeps you busy and teaches you things. Smile because although you may argue with your family, you have one and they love you. Smile because although you struggle, you have the strength to face tribulations. Smile because although you may feel alone, God is always by your side. Smile because although you don't have hope, you know that God can do all things. Smile because although its hard now, you know that it will get better.
Smile because although money is tight, you can still buy your basic needs. Smile because although you have no motivation, you have people who love you. Smile because you have a cover at night to keep you warm. Smile because you have clean water to drink when you are thirsty. Smile because you have a school to go to or a job to work at. Smile because you have people to talk to. Smile because you are able to talk, think, sing, dance, and play. Smile because you are living.
Smile because you are created for a reason. Smile because although you may not yet know what this reason is, there is a bigger Power who DOES know and has a great plan for you. Smile because when you feel alone, God is there. Smile because you are actually never alone. Smile because there are trees and flowers that make the world beautiful. Smile because you are beautiful - simply because you were made by Someone who does not make mistakes. Smile because you are needed. Smile because you are loved and wanted and cherished by God, who loves you the same way no matter what.
Smile because although you feel sad, you know the One who gives eternal joy. Smile because although you are frustrated, you know the Healer who takes away the pain. Smile because although you may not be happy with your life now, you know that God is in control and knows what He is doing. Smile because although you may feel tired, you know that Almighty who gives strength. Smile today because although you have troubles, you know you have more blessings.

32 comments:

  1. I am very pleased you do not put up with ED coercion,intimidation,enticement ,deception,harrasment,bulleying or blackmailing.
    You did what you wanted to do and you chose the way you like to live the rest of life.
    I wish the same to every body suffered from a chronic disease.
    I happy you able to shop grocery, taste foods and eat what you like.

    With my humble respect.
    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my self I do have some gloomy days but I chat with family and usually this gets me to feel happy again.

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed are you Marina.
    God has guided me to read this post today as I have been feeling same for last few days
    I did exactly what you said and here I am really feeling better and I am going to have my dinner outside with my parents and I feel as if a black cloud was covering all my body ,brain and thinking has just been removed and I am now a new person.
    WOW
    Can simple homework like what you said change all negative feeling and tiredness.

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right.
    There are so many positives and blessings in our life that We forget about and this makes us stressed and not happy .
    However when We remember all of them, We feel better

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Marina
    You are using your talent as THERAPIST to give tips to people on how to feel better despite there is a lot of stress and issues going on.
    Feeling better about yourself help us achieve more and lower the stress.

    Good advise Marina

    Kelly W

    ReplyDelete
  6. I urge every body to smile .
    Smile is the language of all world.

    Mays
    From Iraq

    ReplyDelete
  7. EVERY BODY SMILE PLEAE.
    Smile is contagious.

    Martiza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you MS hope for this very hopeful message.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes
    Grin and never grim

    Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very proud of you and this message.
    This is the best hopeful message one can give to his community on a bright sunny SUNDAY.

    May Almighty bless you.

    Sunday priest

    ReplyDelete
  11. Smile is contagious
    Keep smiling.

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  12. You enumerate many many blessing.
    I do not think there is any human being who lacking at least one of those blessings.
    There are many reasons for us to smile .
    You are right on Marina

    Kadisha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw your picture once and I heard your voice and I can tell how beatuiful your smile and your voice.Please smile all the time ,this will make people around you happy and comfortable and makes you feel good
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fake it till you make it

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to see your smile Marina.

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am as a RN I try to help people smile and laugh and I try to help them deal with stress and one thing I learnt recently is vitamin D that has been proven to prevent bone disease and heart disease and neurological disease and depression and on top immune system.
    I advise every body to take 2000- 3000 daily.
    In Canada every body needs vitamin D at least 1000unit.


    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel calm and happy when even I pretend that I am smiling.

    Gangi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a habit of switching jobs and move from one job to another.
    I have 3 emplyoers told me that they hired me because of my good smile !!!!


    Savana

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish you smile all your life Marina

    A thankful mother
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  20. Smile and laughter make a big difference to our life ,eliminate depression ,help immunity and prolong productive life

    Horta

    ReplyDelete
  21. I want to hear that you are smiling all the time Marina.We are nurses and doctors treating people by smiling at them and giving them Hope
    You are Ms Smile and Ms Hope

    Penny
    medical student

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sure you have the best smile .
    Please keep it on.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am on behalf of all your reader say We all love to hear you are happy and smiling.
    Tell me how I am good or not in math

    Marina -minus_ ED = happiness ,smile and laughter.!!!
    Right???

    Cheers


    Hesham

    ReplyDelete
  24. I do have some days of those but seeing a smiling face and kind voice help me to feel good and I do smile and get my day better.

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  25. Never let any body or any thing take away your smile.
    Your smile is an asset.
    When You smile you break the ice and you calm the anger and replace jealousy with Love.

    I wish you have a smile day.
    May God bless you and keep you smiling

    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  26. This post helps me to smile .
    Thanks Marina

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like this smiling post and I am sure sooner you will write about laughter.
    I told you one step at a time..!!

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I will never forget your smile

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Who can forget your pleasant smile. Please keep it for over .
    No one has the right to take it away

    SK

    ReplyDelete
  30. Marina
    You impressed me as my lovely smiling daughter.
    As a habit I will read this smiling post every day.

    Sam Ibrahim.
    76 years old
    Burnahamthorpe ,Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  31. No matter how tough the day is ,your smile will make a big difference.

    Rowanda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you to everyone here! I am glad this made a difference to you - it certainly cheered me up! God bless you all. Stay strong and keep SMILING! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.