About this Blog

This is the story of a girl's journey throughout an illness. A terrible illness that controls your entire life. Something so horrid that it, in fact, can end your life within days - even seconds. I'm talking about anorexia nervosa. The disease is powerful. Day by day with less and less food, the illness threatens to take your life away. And you may not even realize that you are dwindling away into nothingness. That's the cleverness of the eating disorder.

But this is not meant to be a sadistic and depressing blog. It's really just my way of letting the world know about this vile thing called anorexia. Here you'll find stories of my journey with the illness, but you will also read about the positive steps I've taken on my way to recovery. I am in no way recovered just yet, but each day brings me one step closer to freedom. I pray that you will find something in this blog. Perhaps you know someone with an eating disorder - this may help you understand the challenges that they face daily. Or maybe you suffer from an eating disorder. I hope that this will help you realize that you are not alone, and that recovery IS possible.

And so the journey begins...

Popular posts from this blog

Starvation 'feels' good...?

Lessons from infants: 'Taking it all in'

Eating Disorder Awareness Week! (EDAW)