Sunday, 12 May 2013

Happy Mothers' Day!

Today is Mothers' Day! Happy Mothers' Day to all the moms, sisters, aunts, grandmas, cousins, etc all over the world! You deserve to be recognized everyday for your work, but today is a special day just for us to tell you how amazing and wonderful you all are!

This day is certainly important for me, because my mom is my best friend. She is everything to me. I want her to know how much she means to me - and how much I appreciate her. Mom, this is for you!

Last year on Mother's Day, I was dying in the ICU and could not breathe. I didn't even have enough breath to tell my mom, 'happy mothers' day'. And she didn't protest or complain. She stayed by my side and prayed, looking into my dull and tired eyes. She told me, 'don't worry, Marina. You will be okay. All I want for Mother's Day is for you to be alive and to come out of this healthy and well. That is the best and only gift I want'.

I cried because I couldn't give her a proper gift - one that she deserved. I promised in my heart that if God allowed me to live, I would make it up to my mother the next year. And God listened. He kept me alive for my mother, so that this year, she could have her gift. I'm alive with her. And thank God, today I can say...

Happy Mother's Day to the best mother in the whole world.

I love you so much mommy. You are my life. You gave me life twice: once when you gave birth to me, and again when you supported me last year during my illness. As a child, you provided me with everything I needed - food, clothes, love, advice, toys, knowledge, and more. As a young adult, you guide me in life and are a perfect example of what Christ intends us to be. Last year, you stayed by my side in the hospital and never left me. You prayed for me and gave me hope whenever I felt down. You wiped my tears, brushed my hair, fed me my food, helped me get dressed, and advocated for my care. You refused to believe that this illness would take away my life. You knew that I would live, and I did. Mommy, I am alive today because of your faith, perseverance, and care. May God bless you and fill you with His peace, love, strength, and joy. You deserve all the blessings in this world because YOU are a blessing to our family. God bless you and keep you for us, my adorable mama ♥

"A faithful woman is far more precious than jewels...she opens her mouth with wisdom...she watches over her home....she surpasses them all" (Proverbs 31:10, 25:30).

That is you, mom. You surpass them all! I love you so much.

30 comments:

  1. Thank you Marina for acknoledging Mother's day.You an a blessed and most faithful daughter one can ever come across.
    Beleive it or not this first time ever for the 5 years ,my daughter woke me up ,made my breakfast and give me a nice card and Tim H gift card.

    This happens thank to you.
    I consider you my daughter also

    Happy mothers's day

    A thankful mother
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JP, this made me cry. WOW. Your daughter is lucky to have you, and you are blessed to have her well and healthy now. I am so happy that you were able to help your daughter battle ED. You are an amazing mom. I am glad that you had a good mothers day. God bless you! This is a beautiful story.

      Delete
    2. This happened thanks to you Marina.
      You are a lovely person and you like to share the happy moments with others. When you felt recovery is making a difference in your life ,you took on responsibility to share your personal story with others.
      Without you my daughter would have suffered as you did.
      Thank you again Marina
      May God bless you and your mother

      JP

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful faithful daughter you are !!!

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  3. On behalf of all mothers ,I want to thank you for being so considerate Marina

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy mothers day to all mothers especailly your mother.

    Sebastien

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a mother and I want to thank you and I send my congratulations for your mom and I nominate her as the ideal mother and you as ideal daughter.


    Sheila Kitson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! And Welcome! I am sure your children love you!

      Delete
    2. My children (2 boys and one girl) are growing well. They do not have ED .They appreciate and admire you as a great resilient persons. All my children suffered bullying and so they can understand how you feel.
      Thanks again Marina.

      Sheila Kitson

      Delete
  6. Happy mother's day to you and your beautiful mother.


    Kadisha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish you and your kind mother all the best for her day.

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can your mom adopt me??
    Just kidding !!
    My best congratulation to you and your compassionate mom

    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I applaud your mom as I do for you.


    Azim

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bow for your mom and you.
    You guys are the best.
    Happy mothers's day


    Palmateer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy mothers day

    Gurpreet

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy mothers's day

    Lazmaria

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish you both had good day

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  14. The best gift your mpm got is your recovery.
    Congratulations both of you.

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your recovery is the best gift for all mothers whether they have children or relative with ED or not

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  16. Guys you and mom are deer friend.
    I wish you all the best.
    I agree your recovery is the best gift you can give momy


    Sorial

    ReplyDelete
  17. What make a person happier than a kind mom and a faithful daughter love and adore each others.
    You mom is the happiest having you alive and well
    Cheers

    Moranden

    ReplyDelete
  18. If I were your mom and I read this post ,I would be the happiest.
    What a great daughter you are Marina.

    Kelly W
    Therapist To

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and your mother deserve the best award for the year.
    You can now feel the joy and comfort of recovery and enjoyiong the company of your cozy and kind mother

    Paladin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish you you had amazing day with your wonderful mother.
    No doubt like daughter like mother .
    She must be as amazing as you are.

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  21. My blessed daughter.
    You prayed and God replied and you made the recovery to bring happiness to your mother.
    Please praise the Lord.
    You are so blessed girl.
    May God protect you always.

    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are an example of faithful children and your mom is an example of altruism,love ,give and care.
    Congratulations to both of you

    Lariviere

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marina
    I want to thank you and tell you this is the best mothers' day for me and my family since 2005.I took 1 week of my outpatient program and arranged with my dad vacation to Punta Cana for my mom. We did spend excellent time and I was eating by the hour as my outpatient program. I was happy and they could feel. My mom told me she never felt happier. I told her about you and she is thanking you.
    The happiness I saw on my mom was notable and I remember this when I came in today to read your post and I want to send my gratitude to you and the womb that carried you and to the mom that raised you up and made you an honourable respected person
    Congrat to you and your mom

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne, this made me cry. I am SO proud of you - not only for eating on time, but also going on vacation, enjoying time with your family, and having fun. WOW. Words cannot describe my joy. Do you remember when you first came to my blog? You were sad, alone, tired, and very sick. Look at you now! Eating, beating ED, and enjoying life! Amazing! Keep going, Anne, I am so happy for you. God bless you!

      Delete
    2. your personal message means a lot to me.
      you are the one along with my mom who made a difference in my life.yes my mom and myself had the most unforgetable mothers's day thanks to you.
      Thanks to you also( not as much to my treatment program)I made the necessary changes in my life including my eating habits and my self respect and how i see things and how i can live healthy and productive life.
      ALL came from your encourgement,support and motivation.
      Lots of my friend talking good stuff about you.

      Thanks again Marina.I promise you I will continue what I started and I will keep going and I will continue reading your posts all the time.


      Anne

      Delete
  24. I want to thank you all for your wishes and comments - my mom is overwhelmed by all the support you all show here. And I am, too. Thank you to everyone. My life would be incomplete without this blog. God bless all of you and may He grant you all His peace, happiness, and comfort!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.