Monday, 12 May 2014

BIG NEWS!

I have some big news to share with you all. My family and friends may already know this, but my online readers do not. Are you ready...?

Ever since I recovered from ED, I wanted to share my story with others. I created this blog, and I am sure we can all look back to the start and see how far I have come. I believe that this blog has helped so many people - whether for ED, mental health, physical health, etc. But part of me wanted to do more. I wanted to make a bigger difference. I began giving presentations on ED, bullying, and mental health. But still, I wanted to do more. I wanted to use my story and experiences to help more people.

I started writing a book about my experiences with ED and mental health. When I finally finished it, I tried submitting it to multiple publishers. I got numerous rejections, for various reasons. Some told me that they simply were not interested, while others told me that they didn't have enough money now to publish a new book. I was devastated. Until one publisher got back to me and told me that if I fixed some parts of the book, they might be interested. And so, I worked at fixing the book. I added parts, removed others, and changed some...until...

IT IS PUBLISHED!!! That's right. I am now a formal and professional author. My book, Recipe for Recovery, is now available for purchase from bookstores, as well as the Publisher's Website. http://gsph.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=404&product_id=598.

RECIPE FOR RECOVERY: I Battled and Overcame an Eating Disorder, and You Can Too!  PREORDER Available May 15Recipe for Recovery is a book about my experiences with ED, mental health, depression, etc. It is for ED patients, survivors, caregivers, parents, and even health professionals. It is also for anyone interested in reading about my experiences, or learning about ED and mental health. There is something in it for everyone. There are funny jokes and even my own journal entries, which make it a funny and interesting read. There is no inappropriate or triggering information in it, so it is appropriate for patients who are still ill with ED. It can help you learn about how to work through your own problems (or to help someone else!), such as anxiety, an addiction, self-confidence, mental health, and more. You will read about CBT tips, relaxation strategies, confidence statements, etc. The book is NOT my blog is a book format; all content in the book is my own work that no one has read before! I also include updated research about ED and mental health treatment, all in an easy-to-understand and engaging manner. There are even food puns to make you smile and enjoy the read!

This is such a HUGE accomplishment. It is very difficult to get a book published these days - but here I am, with my own book published! I am so thankful to God for all His mercy and strength. He truly allowed me to go through all my challenges in order to help others. Thank you to my family and friends who have showed their consistent support through all my struggles. And thank you to all my readers who have supported me through this journey. Your kindness and involvement in my blog motivated me to write a book and to stay strong throughout my recovery.

My friends and family who live close to me have already purchased their copies from me. But, for all my online readers, I am asking you for your support! Please go to the link above and purchase a copy - it is only $21, and you will get buy and read my book! The website provides a payment option using MasterCard, Visa, and money orders. PLEASE PURHCASE A COPY, and when you get your copy and get to read it, let me know what you think of my book: what you liked about it, what you learned, how it has helped you, etc. And don't forget to please pass on this information to your own family and friends so that they too can buy a copy.

I promised that after I recovered, I would use my experiences and struggles to reach out to others and help them. I would be the individual who spoke openly about mental health and ED, who wasn't afraid to tell others about my struggles so that this would make a difference. And here I am, with my blog and now, my own book. Recipe for Recovery is more than just a 'help' book - it is a journey, a guide that seeks to raise awareness and challenge stigma associated with mental health and ED. It is a light-hearted read that helps readers understand what it is like to struggle with a mental health issue (like ED), how to recover, and how to stay sane during the entire process. I guarantee that you will enjoy it and learn something from it.

91 comments:

  1. Congratulations

    Jenn
    welland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very big WOW.

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very exciting and breaking news

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an accomplishment

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. The book cover is the best I even seen.

    Savana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog affected many and changed many unhealthy behaviours and raised awareness.
    I trust this book will add to your record.

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book is fantastic.
    You have made a breakthrough in Ed recovery and you are showing many others how they can make a difference at least in themselves.

    Pierrette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job

    Mosaab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations dear professional author.

    Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful news.
    I am sure myself and my family would love to read it and learn lots from it.

    God has been with you and has used you to make a difference.

    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe ,Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now you are flying on the fastest bird's wing.
    Here is the real fruits of complete recovery.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  12. The youngest writer ever!!!!(next to Harry Botter)

    kadesha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Huge achievement.
    Congrat.

    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a wonderful news to all your readers.
    I am sure will look for the book.

    Marvlyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I will look for the book and buy one.

    Karishna

    ReplyDelete
  16. the least this book will do is raise awareness and send message of HOPE that recovery from serious disease is possible if you have the power to change ..

    Nazlin

    ReplyDelete
  17. For sure you are flying on the wing.

    Morandan

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can not believe what I read.
    Marina you are winning the battle not only for yourself but also for me and for all those who has or had ED and their families and also to society.
    I am very proud of your big accomplishment.
    I will buy the book and share it with others .
    Congratulations

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is wonderful news.
    Of course I will buy the book.

    Bozana

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am very interested in buying one.

    Harpreet

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can not afford to buy it but I will at library to read.
    Good job

    Israel

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are flying and helping many to fly with you.
    I will look for the book

    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a huge achievement.
    The book sounds wonderful.
    I will get it.

    Nikitine

    ReplyDelete
  24. ED is one of mental health illnesses and so I will buy it despite I do not have ED
    Looking very good book

    Fabian

    ReplyDelete
  25. very EXCITING NEWS
    The book looking interesting.
    I will find out.

    Rahana

    ReplyDelete
  26. CONGRATULATIONS

    I AM SURE THIS BOOK WILL BENIFT MANY AS WELL AS YOUR BLOG.
    I WILL TRY BUY SOME AND KEEP IN MY OFFICE TO MY CLIENTS.
    THIS BOOK TELLS US THAT SOMETIMES GOD PUT US INTO TOUGH TIMES FOR VERY GOOD REASONS.

    Kelly W

    ReplyDelete
  27. Only very few people could do this .
    I will get the book

    Sheila Ketson

    ReplyDelete
  28. excellent work Marina.
    I am looking forward to reading it and sharing it.

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can not believe my eyes when I read this post.
    I am reflecting on how God is using you and how he allowed this terrible disease to hit you hard so that your experience with it may benefit others and here you go.

    I will get this wonderful book and share with others.

    Recovered Ed survivor

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW.
    I am happy for you.
    I will read it.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  31. I will pass this on to those who are avid readers.

    Cameron

    ReplyDelete
  32. For sure this book will be one of my armamentaria to complete my study and counsel clients when I will start.
    I had a sense that you will publish one and you did
    With my humble respect.

    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hurray
    Sure I will read

    Guissipina

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is huge accomplishment.
    I am sure many with ED and mental health would benefit from this book.

    Matylda

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am interested in reading your book.

    Bamba

    ReplyDelete
  36. amazing cover intriguing to read

    Neeti

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful Marina.
    While in my treatment I had to read several books but I believe your experience and attitude are unique and I need to get this book.
    Your recovery and success is my motivation to keep going.
    Thanks and congratulations

    Nanaraj

    ReplyDelete
  38. the book is very attractive

    Urzulla

    ReplyDelete
  39. Holly
    A very interesting one has to read

    Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  40. One has to read your book I am sure lots of info about ED

    zeesman

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hey marina
    I will buy one ,hopefully more.

    Cheers

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  42. You are really soaring on wings like eagle.

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am not good at reading but I will buy it to remind me that cure is possible and real.

    Santokh

    ReplyDelete
  44. This book will be a delicious meal for many.

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be very delicious for me too

      Razan

      Delete
  45. This book worth reading

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  46. My best congratulation to you.


    Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love to have a copy
    Congratulations Marina

    Magaly

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a wonderful looking book.

    Larivierre

    ReplyDelete
  49. I will be happy to read it.
    Thanks and congratulations

    kadiri

    ReplyDelete
  50. I will get this book and I will read it and practice all what in it.

    Saroosh

    ReplyDelete
  51. The BIG News is your personal experience is making adifference.

    Emms

    ReplyDelete
  52. I can not afford to buy it ,is it available at local library or on the web so I can read it.

    Teija

    ReplyDelete
  53. I need to read this book .

    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW WOW WOW Marina Marina Marina
    I send you my best congratulations .
    I am sure this book will benefit many .
    I will get 3 one for my daughter and one for myself and one for my doctor who could not diagnose or help my daughter and you did.
    I will all your dreams come true .

    JP a very thankful mother

    ReplyDelete
  55. I am stressed out recently and badly I need this book.

    Ivanka

    ReplyDelete
  56. I noted every day since your recovery add good stuff to your life .
    I see encouragement to recover from any illness so that one can move on with life.
    I will buy this book.

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  57. WOW and WOW Marina

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is wonderful to publish a book while you are a student!!!

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  59. I have been admiring your persistency and resilience to maintain complete recovery from serious disease but publishing a book deserve a great honour.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  60. Very intriguing to read .

    Giovani

    ReplyDelete
  61. I will get it and share it with others

    Gouda

    ReplyDelete
  62. God is blessing your steps.

    Kirill

    ReplyDelete
  63. I like this book and I will read it.

    Reyes

    ReplyDelete
  64. I will get this interesting book

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  65. Congratulations

    Filomina

    ReplyDelete
  66. Hey Marina
    Big and huge accomplishment.

    I will buy one

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  67. I will take one less coffee a day and will save and buy it.

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  68. This book worth reading it and keeping it in our own library.

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  69. I do not like reading books but I will think about it.

    Russel

    ReplyDelete
  70. I will sure get this book.
    Congratulations Marina

    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  71. I urge every one to read this book.

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  72. The book looks interesting

    Stephana

    ReplyDelete
  73. I will get one and keep it

    Gordana

    ReplyDelete
  74. Would be better if I get it free !!
    Congratulations Marina

    Sweeta

    ReplyDelete
  75. That is unbelievable.

    Mubayed

    ReplyDelete
  76. A book published ??!!!
    Way to go

    Huzayef

    ReplyDelete
  77. I am very happy for you and I will buy it sooner or later

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  78. This book is a victory to humanity against serious disease .

    Congratulations

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  79. For a 21 years old student to write her dairy and journal is o k but to publish a book ,this is a talent.
    I applaud your charismatic character.

    Nelly

    ReplyDelete
  80. The sky is the limit

    Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  81. That is a great job ,
    I will read it as I suffer from anxiety and I am looking for recpovery like you.

    Andres

    ReplyDelete
  82. Naïve those who do not read this book.

    Silva

    ReplyDelete
  83. I told you you are a GEM and that is why you also excrete GEM book

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  84. Holly Marina
    A book published by you.
    How did you find time to do all that .
    I am not jealous but proud of your recovery and continuosuly advancing in your life since recovery.
    I will buy two one for my son and one for me .

    Rodica

    ReplyDelete
  85. Sound like this book will encouage those who partailly recovered to complete their recovery abnd those who relapsed to get back on recovery track.

    Zadra

    ReplyDelete
  86. Marina
    I can not wait to read this book.
    I need to keep it with me day and night to remind me that my recovery is the best ever decision I have ever made and it worth billions of dollars and you helped me to make that decision.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  87. This is amazing Marina
    I am very happy to read your book and learn from it and I am sure I will get many info that would help me and also I can use it to help others who looking for help.
    I can not express my feeling and happiness to see how your hard work and commitment paid off.
    Great Job.
    May God bless you.

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  88. Amazing
    Writing a book about your experience and add to this your fund of knowledge for sure help readers

    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  89. I wish I can get a copy but I do not where.

    Afshan

    ReplyDelete
  90. The book looks very interesting and I am looking forward to get one

    Huzayef

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.