PUSH

When I first thought about the title for this post, I was worried that some readers would read it and think I was going to write about a mother pushing to deliver her baby! Nope, that is NOT what this is about!

(Okay, now that we are done joking around, let's get a bit more serious...!)

We all have times when we feel tired, hopeless, scared, worried and tired. You know those days when things just cannot get any worse? When there is simply too much to do, too little time, so many problems, a load of worries and challenges...the list goes on and on!

I had a day like this recently. I had finished working on something only to discover that all my work had somehow been lost by my computer. I freaked out. I was so angry - all that work, gone to waste? WHY?! WHY ME?! It was so frustrating. I did not know what to do but cry, sob, and complain. I was furious.

Thankfully, my mom and sister were by my side to provide support. They calmed me down and told me that although this was terrible, they knew that I could do the work again, and maybe ever better this time. That helped a lot, but I was still angry and sad. I could not imagine sitting down and writing the entire thing all over again!

My mom and sister told me something that really stood out to me: that God has brought me through much worse times. My God is a BIG God. He saved my life when I was dying in the ICU. Could He not strengthen me for a few hours to complete the assignment all over again?

Even if you do not believe in God, this post can still apply to you. It is about hope. It is about knowing that if you got through past times, you can get through this problem as well. PUSH, the title of this post, stands for 'Pray Until Something Happens'. I think so often we get so caught up in life that we forget to pray and thank God for all that He has done. We start to moan and complain and forget all the great things that has happened in our lives. That day when I was furious about my work, I forgot to pray. I did not talk to God and tell Him my frustrations; I was too tired. I did not stop to remember that God saved me from anorexia. He could certainly give me the strength to do this assignment once again.

I wrote a post before about HOPE - Hold On, Pain Ends. It is similar to this one. PUSH. Pray Until Something Happens. Do not despair when things get too tough. You certainly have the right to complain. We are human and having these feelings is normal. In fact, when I experience times like this, complaining is almost necessary! But one thing that I often forget is to remember that I have gotten through worse times. I know that my strength and encouragement comes from my God, in whom I have faith. I know that this is yet another challenge in life that I can overcome if I pray. This is my faith, and it is what keeps me going through each day.

Sometimes the problem in front of us seems way too big for us to handle and we become overwhelmed. In such situations, I encourage those who believe in God to PUSH. God wants to hear you. He knows your problems, but He is waiting for you, His child, to speak to Him. So do it. You will so much better. You just have to PUSH and you will get through your problems. And do not forget to stay hopeful. No matter how terrible the situation may be, try to remain hopeful. If you cannot find hope, ask someone around you to give you hope or encouragement. It is strengthening to feel that things will get better, that life will get easier. Stay hopeful, strong, and faithful. And don;t forget to PUSH.

Popular posts from this blog

Starvation 'feels' good...?

Lessons from infants: 'Taking it all in'

Eating Disorder Awareness Week! (EDAW)