Sunday, 5 October 2014

Watch My Latest Presentation: How God Works In Our Struggles

A few weeks ago, I was asked to do a presentation at a Hamilton church on my journey with anorexia, as well as how my faith strengthened me during this battle.

My struggle with ED has been the hardest thing I have ever experienced. There were many nights when I lay on my bed, wanting to eat - but being unable to do so. There were days when I wanted to die because I didn't know how long I could endure the suffering. In the ICU, I was dying from organ failure because of ED. All this time, I questioned how this could possibly lead to something positive. How could God use this for the good? Why was God allowing this to happen to me?

And then one day in the ICU, I was awakened by the nurses, who told me that the breathing tube was coming out because I had regained the ability to breathe. The impossible - living after this near-death experience - had happened. I wasn't dead. I was alive! At home, I began eating and gaining weight, I started a blog. But it was still very hard, and I wond4ered why this had happened to me. Why all the pain and sadness? Why was I going through this?

Two years later, today, I have a successful blog and a published book. I am graduating with my nursing degree in a few months. I am at a healthy weight and am happy. My story has reached many and has helped others learn about mental and physical health, and eating disorders. Many, including myself, praise God for these miracles. Now I see why I struggled, why I almost died. Now I understand that God truly uses our experiences for the good. We don't always understand the reason for our pain. We struggle and don't see how God can use this for any good. But one day, we will. And then we will realize that God never left us...that His plans for us are good.

So, please take the time to watch my presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWHRfBc9Y4. It is just over half an hour long, but I guarantee that you will enjoy it and learn something from it. I hope this talk encourages you to keep fighting, and to never give up faith in God. You may not always realize the reason for your struggles...and that's okay. But never lose trust that God has a great plan for you...and He will never leave you alone.
One day, you will look back at this struggle and experience and realize what it has taught you, how it has strengthened your faith or the faith of others, and how you have become a stronger and wiser person because of it.

 

54 comments:

  1. This is really inspiring Marina


    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. God plan for you to be famous

    Nardeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  4. God planned for you and here you go .
    Wonderful talk Marina

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good presentation may help many young from getting ED

    Azim

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very good

    Gangji

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job

    Hillary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thai is amazing

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched twice so far

    I did learnt a lot


    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  10. To purify gold, it has to be melted under the hot fire of a strong furnace so that will come out clean of any impurities.
    God put you so what come out of you precious, clean and worthy to prosper from now on

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Hindu but I like what you say on this blog and all your talks.
    I like especially;do not tell God you have a big problem but tell your problem you have a big able God::

    Raj

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your presentation support our faith and trust in God

    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe ,Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very encouraging presentaion

    Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your talk endorses my belief.

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked it

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  16. Message of Hope frm Ms Hope Marina

    Sebastien

    ReplyDelete
  17. This showed how your trust in God not only saved your life but raised you way up

    Riely

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were so fuuny and upbeat

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  19. I admire your strong faith

    Piatro

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy
    So good

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  21. I learnt something new

    Horta

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good presentation

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Keep up your spirit and sense of humor

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is very inspiring

    Austin

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great sense of humor you have


    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  26. You were hilarious

    Gafni

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am sure your inspired the crowd with your resilience, faith and enthusiasm


    Sheila Ketson

    ReplyDelete
  28. I felt as if I am in church learning medicine

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  29. You were very eloquent and pretty

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really worth watching

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your smile was natural

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look like a priest and doctor

    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  33. This was very good

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  34. I watched 3 times and my daughter took a glimpse and admired you for what you have done only few can.

    I am thankful and very proud of you

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  35. I really liked and learnt from it

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  36. This was fantastic

    Jasmeet

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really felt as if I was in the auditorium of medical school lectured by a a doctor who works as priest and therpsit.

    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very inspirational

    Hermina

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hey
    Not only I watched carefully and took some notes but also I added to my Album under Marina's tips

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  40. Having strong faith is an asset

    Zeesman

    ReplyDelete
  41. Talented ,pretty, smart and articulate with great sense of humor intermingled with strong faith.
    With my humble respect

    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  42. You did a good job

    Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  43. I like your shoes

    Mubayed

    ReplyDelete
  44. You were well dressed


    Tan

    ReplyDelete
  45. I loved your dress and shoes.

    Phong

    ReplyDelete
  46. You looked beautiful and confident

    Dave Grinton

    ReplyDelete
  47. You were strong, wise and pretty

    Huzayef

    ReplyDelete
  48. You are really pretty
    Look you are dressed up ,nice shoes

    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  49. I agree you were dressed up, nice shoes, confident and articulate .
    You gave me confidence and this endorse my plan of recovery for ever.

    Nanaraj

    ReplyDelete
  50. You showed every body what a nice dress and shoes you wearing.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  51. Good presentation by a pretty girl

    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hey beauty girl

    Fabian

    ReplyDelete
  53. Thank you everyone! God bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.