Monday, 14 July 2014

Published again! 3 Phrases to Keep You Going

Yet again, blessing upon blessing, I am honoured that my work has been published on Fr. Anthony's site. This time, the topic is on three phrases always said by the late Pope Shenouda III, may he rest in peace. Even if you are not Coptic Orthodox, I strongly encourage you to read this post on these three phrases. I guarantee that you will feel at peace and will draw upon these sentences in times of trouble or distress. http://franthony.com/the-three-phrases-of-pope-shenouda/#disqus_thread

What are the three phrases? Simple: “’this too will end soon”, “God is here”, and “all is for the good”. We all have times when we want to give up. We all have moments when we are frustrated, angry, sad, and tired. And although it is at these times when we least feel like calming down, this is when we need to take a moment to breathe. And when you do, think of these 3 sentences. They have always brought me comfort and peace when in despair. If you can meditate and think of these phrases, you will see how much truth is in them. You will see that this challenge and obstacle will pass; there cannot be a rainbow if there is no rain. The sun comes out after the darkness.
So, please read my post and if you desire, leave me a comment on Fr. Anthony's site and here. Thank you once again to all my readers, supporters, family, and friends. Taking a look back to my blog...it was two years ago when I was just starting up this site up. I was beginning my journey of recovery. And now...wow. I have this blog, I've done interviews, and now, I have my own book. God is good. For all of you who are suffering, tired, or feel like you are fighting a heart-breaking and endless journey - do not give up. Every challenge you face makes you stronger and teaches you a lesson. If it were not for my journey with ED thus far, I would bot have had all these amazing opportunities to use my experiences to help others. So, whenever you feel like giving up....remember: “’this too will end soon”, “God is here”, and “all is for the good”.



29 comments:

  1. WOW

    I am not religious but I am amazed and reflecting

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fasting the holy month of Ramadan and this comes to me as a blessing.
    May God bless you and all readers.

    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true and your experience is a testimony.
    Had you not had this battle with ED,would not you have accomplished any of this.
    Your rainbow came out after you sustained the heavy rainy days.
    God is here.
    With God every thing is possible
    Glory our Lord

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my struggle with alcohol that stole not only my health but also my job, partner and my money. I felt same as you felt in ICU and I was almost going to commit suicide .However help got to me from no where.

    Here I am back to life again.

    Your story and blog and on top strong faith instigate in me the power to keep going.

    I love Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. From ICU struggle to The pride of being a nurse and writer.
    It is God's will.

    I am feeling very comforted reading these words .
    The Pope looks like a Saint.

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes God exist
    We can see and feel His actions in our life on a daily basis.
    I trust God never left you alone ,He heeled you and He led you to victory and success.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  7. God allowed your suffering two months in ICU but in two years raised you up above Way up
    Praise the lord

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is here and is working.
    What is impossible for men is possible for God.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have nourished not only my body ,but my emotions, feelings and on top my belief since my recovery. You played a major role in this Marina.
    I am grateful to you.
    This post fills me with internal joy.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. In Iraq We love the Pope very much. Pope Kirollos has been blessing many with miracles. I am sure Pope Shenouda is doing miracles too.
    Your recovery Marina and your success in this blog, writing a book and published by Fr Anthony are miraculous work ,one has to be proud of and thank God for.

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  11. Without pain, no gain and without rain ,no rainbow.
    God is watching how committed ,thoughtful, caring and altruistic you are and so is blessing you.

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture of the pope is amazing. His holiness words and his prayers can be heard inside those who are trusting God as you Marina .

    Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent very spiritual post that We need in our hectic life

    Larivierre

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reflecting on those words is like listening to a very comforting music or as if you meditate and calmly relax.

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  15. Despite I am not fasting the Holy Month of Ramadan but I like talking about spirituality and being a believer in Almighty make you feel happy.
    I do trust that Your hard work, commitment and belief leading you to success in health and life.


    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  16. I trust your strong belief is a strong asset to you.
    I am aware of your intelligence and skills but do have strong belief blessing your path.

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog is as blessing to those who suffer as those words from the pope.

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trust me when I feel stressed I log on and read your blog same as I read my bible. I believe in the blessing of all saints and the words of the pope.


    Maysoon

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learnt from your blog to nourish my body and my soul and I feel both complement each other. Feeding my soul by reading the Bible and your writing making me calm and satisfied and so I care for my body and love my body more. My marks this year are the highest ever and I can tell you how ED was stealing everything from my life without knowing.

    Nanraj

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am very pleased to know Nanaraj,Anne are doing well.
    This may not happen without the support of some one motivated and committed as Marina.
    Marina you have done amazing work not only yourself but aslo helping others.
    This post is a blessing to all of us.

    Recovered ED without relapse for 7 years

    ReplyDelete
  21. I PRAY FOR YOU AND ALL YOUR READERS mARINA.
    YOUR BELIEF IS A STRONG SUPPORT.


    Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am sure this Saint(your Pope ) is praying for you and you have all the blessing.
    You really deserve many blessings.


    Horta

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your strength and power from inside you boosted by the strong belief and leading you from one success to next.
    Surely you are getting what you are hoping for ,one at a time.
    My prayers and good wishes to you


    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am not exaggerating if I say your skills, knowledge and power come from your basic foundation as Coptic Orthodox .
    You really showing what a real Christian should do and behave.
    May God bless you


    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe,Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am learning about Jesus and about Christianity since I came across your wonderful blog.
    Even your church leaders are holy and very comfortable to people .

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  26. The pope witness that God exist and stating this daily is a strong message to those who may forget God and His actions.

    Cindrella

    ReplyDelete
  27. For those who believe ,every thing happen for a good reason even it may not sound like this for us at the beginning but God allow this for a reason that We may understand it later.

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sure God exist every where for our safety.
    God has a plan for all of us .
    God knows what is good for us even when We do not know.

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have several situations in my life made me prove that all for good for us .We just need to trust God and be patient.
    You Marina have trusted God and you proved that God may allow something to happen but all for good reason.

    Madiha

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.