Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Read about my story in the Mississauga News Newspaper!

Are you ready for my next BIG news?

I am SO blessed and still shocked that my book was chosen to be covered for a story in the Mississauga Newspaper. I was contacted by the paper, who was interested in writing a piece about my journey, accomplishments, advocacy, and book. The piece is available online and in the actual newspaper! http://www.mississauga.com/community-story/4644242-book-chronicles-young-woman-s-battle-with-anorexia/

This is such a huge accomplishment and success! Not only is it an opportunity for others to know my story and read my book, but it also a chance to spread the message that true recovery is possible and that eating disorders are real, mental illnesses. It is amazing to think that at only 21 years old, I am a famous blogger, successful author, and now...being asked to do interviews for newspapers as well! God is so good to us. He used all my struggles for the good. He allowed me to suffer pain and to endure hardships in order to spread the message that hope, faith, prayers, perseverance, and strength are the key to overcoming obstacles in life.

I want to take this time to thank you all. Thank you to my family, friends, and community. Thank you to my readers - online and those who purchased my book. Thank you for your love, care, and support. I would not be here without you. and my story would not be so well-known if it were not for all the wonderful and caring people in my life. Looking back, it was only two years ago when I was dying in the ICU. Today, I have my own book, and my story is being read by many others as proof that true recovery is possible - and that faith, strength, and commitment will help you get through any challenge. Remember to stay strong and never give up. Life will always bring challenges - but know that you are stronger. One day, you will see how this challenge taught you something or helped you. It may not be right away...but one day, you will look back and realize that every experience has made you the person you are today. And you will be grateful for every tear, every battle, and every difficult moment. For now, stay strong and keep your head up high. It will get better ...I am proof of that.

28 comments:

  1. Now you are very popular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is very encouraging to all those who suffering any illness

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  3. You prove that recovery is real despite the seriousness of the disease.
    Big Congratulations .

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  4. The benefits of complete recovery is to reap the fruits and joys of sending clear message of hope.
    God put you to the test to make use of your talent in helping others and spreading the message and raise awareness.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive story and miraculous recovery of a resilient Marina .

    Shady
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations/.Good job

    Jenn
    Welland

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting article.

    Raso

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a huge change in your life and your future.
    Congratulations

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  9. This story will change many ,motivate many and will make a difference.

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heartfelt congratulations
    Your picture is very cute.

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are like gold ,putting you in the furnace shows how pure and brilliant and shining you are.

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  12. For all reader this story is a hopeful one when people feel recovery is possible even after serious ordeal

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratultions

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greet news to all readres

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praise Jesus
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is wonderful
    Happy for you

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am very proud of my Mississauga friend Marina .

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Since I read your article and saw your picture ,I have been showing the M News to family and friends.
    This makes me happy.
    Your blog adding joy and hope to my life.

    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and I both knew there had to be some greater storyline for you than ‘girl gets anorexia, is sad and sick and then dies ’. I think a nice one would be ‘girl recovers, was sad for a while but in her sadness she found freedom, friends, and the ability to look back and laugh at all she’d learned. She now lives her life on her own terms :)

    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  20. The article is great and the picture so beautiful.
    Congrat.

    Pierrette

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very proud of you.

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so beautiful

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful story for a cute girl

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations my Egyptian beautiful friend.

    Mays and Iraqi

    ReplyDelete
  25. This article will help raise awareness .
    Beautiful wonderful girls like you do not deserve to suffer from this .

    Cindrella

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another yet surprise Marina.
    People told me they saw your beautiful picture and read your wonderful article soon after the News came out.
    Mississauga is happy to hear a wonderful and courageous person reside in this beautiful city.
    I am very proud of you

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations for our Mississauga friend


    Shahinaz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations dear friend.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.