Saturday, 6 September 2014

Published again: Beauty, Uniqueness, and Feeling Needed

Once again, my work has been published by Made4More, an organization dedicated to helping others live through everyday challenges faced in the world. This post is about true beauty, and what it means to be 'beautiful', and how this relates to our needing to feel loved, special, and unique: http://made4moreministry.com/2014/08/18/you-are-beautiful-and-i-mean-it/

Looking at this way, we see that beauty doesn't only to women. Nor does it mean how we dress, what our bodies look like, or what make-up or watches we wear. That is what the world wants you to think beauty is all about. Why? Because the world lives off of this misconception. The media and companies fool us into thinking that we need the latest brand-name clothes to look 'cool', or that we need to have that designer-brand watch because it shows others that we can afford it. For women, there is the pressure to be thin and tall. For men, there is the pressure to be muscular and strong. All around us, we see ideas of what the world wants us to think beauty is about.

But beauty really is much more than the outward appearance. We are all made to be beautiful because we are created in the image of God. You are beautiful inside and out - whether you are male or female, young or old, short or tall, etc. It is not about how you dress or what you accessorize with. It is about your heart and your mind. Do you wish others well? Do you strive your best to keep your heart, mind, and actions pure? Can others look at you and see Christ? Do you use your talents and words to help others and give them strength, hope, or encouragement? Do you realize that you are special, loved, and needed?

Something that I have learned along my journey is that I need to stop thinking of beauty as being something I see in the mirror or on the scale. I had to learn to reframe beauty as what God intended it to be - my actions, thoughts, and words. My beauty and my self-worth are defined by these qualities, not by my appearance. I am beautiful because God created me, and He doesn't make mistakes. I am beautiful, unique, and needed because I strive to use my actions and words to help others. I am beautiful because God gives me the strength to endure hardships. And the same applies to YOU. Yes, YOU. You are beautiful too! I know males may feel uncomfortable with this wording, so to all the males out there, you are special and attractive because you are made in the image of God, too! Remember not to let the world trick you into concentrating only on the outward appearance. You are beautiful. You are special. You are needed. You are loved. (P.S. Look at the image and quote above about people being like stained glass windows. This is an amazing analogy, and so encouraging. Challenges give us strength and teach us many lessons!)

P.S. I love this quote about beauty and Oreos. Not only is it true, but I love Oreo cookies...so this quote is awesomely true and delicious at the same time!

37 comments:

  1. YOUR BEAUTY IS OBVIOUS FURNISHED WITH COMPASION AND CARE.

    HAMZA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful people like you ,created to serve good reasons .You made for more.

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great success

    Mininni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful

    Pyiush

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like you Marina I do not care about what media wants me to be nor I will yield to peer pressure.


    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to be who I am and tall or short ,fat or thin I like my body. I feel beautiful even if others say otherwise .

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful inside and outside as God lives inside you.

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Oreos too

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. We watched you and We know you are very beautiful inside and outside too.

    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marina
    This blog reveals your internal beauty and the external beauty is evident to those who have eyes and can see.

    Kelly W
    To

    ReplyDelete
  11. You beauty is attractive whether inside or outside.
    It is the blessing of God .

    Shady
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog is reflecting your internal beauty that is God gifted.
    Your external beauty is crystal clear and evident to those who have eyes and can see.

    Kelly W
    TO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sparkle whether sun in or out.

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  14. We all know how beautiful you are ,however you do not brag about it.
    PleASE take bride in your beauty.

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are very beautiful and loved by many you know and much more by people you do not know

    Jenn
    Welland

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your writings refelct the internal beauty and your face shine like the bright moon and sratle like starts in a blue sky.

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  17. People are different but those like you are unique as you resemble the pure gold or prestine jewellery.


    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  18. We saw your picture and We know you are pretty.

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beauty Marina

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another prove that you are made for much much more.

    Sarabando

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your internal beauty is crystal clear reflecting the love and beauty of the Creator. Your external beauty is shining so for those who have eyes can see.

    Nabel

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a wake up call for me to look and search for the internal beauty which is permanent and everlasting and genuine rather than looking for a pretty face or a sexy body.

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so beautiful young lady in and out.I hope my daughter also see herself beautiful too and see the beauty from within rather than from out.
    Yes Marina your inside satisfaction reflect on you face.
    I learnt from you blog that satisfaction comes from inside and from our believes and values.

    JP( a thankful mother)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your smiling picture We saw reflect pure heart and high spirit.


    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  25. We wish We can clone you Marina


    Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  26. WE know how beautiful you are inside and outside .We love you Marina and We are happy to know you through you blog, writings and publications.

    Ivanka

    ReplyDelete
  27. I watched you on CBC news recently and I am amazed how beautiful and articulate you are .

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your beauty in and out is a gift from God .
    Take pride in your beauty and thank God for bestowing on you.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes Marina God created you with internal peauty and also granted you very beautiful look.Glory is our lord.
    I hope you take pride in your internal and extrenal beauty and you glorify God

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sure you are made for much more.

    Navdeep

    ReplyDelete
  31. God bless you my dear beautiful friend.

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  32. You are so beautiful and it is God made


    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  33. You blessed with a caring heart and pretty face .
    Glory to the Lord

    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are very beautiful than any body can imagine.
    No one dare to challenge your beauty.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  35. I command you for your care and reaching out to others and this is the crux of beauty.

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you to all of you! You are all so kind and supportive - and beautiful and special. God bless each of you. I truly wouldn't be here without your support!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.