Sunday, 10 August 2014

Telling my story to many more people: Made4More

I was contacted a while ago by an organization who had read my story in the Mississauga News and wanted to learn more about my story. Made4More Ministry is an organization dedicated to helping individuals see how special and unique they are, and that miracles really do happen. While some content may be directed towards females only, a lot of the stories and hope shared there is geared towards helping anyone find faith and overcome challenges.

Made4More approached me and asked if I could write something about my experiences with an eating disorder and my recovery, as well my faith in Christ and how I learned to appreciate and love myself. You can read the post here: http://made4moreministry.tumblr.com/post/93245216866/my-battle-with-anorexia-with-god-all-things-are. This is similar to one of my previous posts on how with God, all things are possible. It is a really personal post, as it even details how depressed, tired, and hopeless I became in the ICU. But God used it for the good...look where I am today!

Thank you to all my readers and supporters. It is amazing to see how many different organizations and paced have asked me to write for them and share my story. Also, special thank you to NEDIC, who has shared my story on their site and continues to help others around the world with ED. http://www.nedic.ca/news/book-chronicles-young-woman%E2%80%99s-battle-anorexia (Look at me! I'm all over the internet, sharing my story with others and making a difference! Isn't it amazing how God works all out for the good?!)

 It is unreal to be able to use my experiences to reach out to others and give them hope and strength. I pray and hope that my journey will continue to help others and educate society. To all those who read my work, support me, or even pass this blog/my book to others, thank you. It is time that we share stories of hope, strength, and faith to the world. It is time that we see that our challenges, though difficult, truly make us stronger. My experience with anorexia was a blessing in disguise. It was the hardest thing I ever went through....but it made me who I am today. And for that, I am forever thankful.

41 comments:

  1. WOW
    congratulations

    Svetlanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story is very unique and deserving to be highlighted and hopefully others will see the hope in life despite the challnges

    Elvis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrat from one success to another

    Salvatore

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one success to another.

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though the ordeal in ICU was horrendous but the gain after recovery worth billions.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  6. With every single post, We learn something amazing about the miracles in your life.
    You are made for more

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference 2 years has made.

    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your talent and intelligence and strong faith led you to this huge success

    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy for you

    Hector

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done

    Dwitt

    ReplyDelete
  11. To be made for much more, God had put you to the hardest test ever and you passed with the greatest honour and here you are.

    Congratulations

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an honour


    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Job
    Very proud and happy for you my friend

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Marina,
    I am enjoying reading your blog very much. I am here working at diabetes camp and have had some more time to read it. I have shown some of the staff your article about diabulimia, and they all found it very informative.

    It is so inspirational reading your blog, especially about all you accomplishments and your journey to recovery. I especially love to see how strong you are in your relationship with Christ.

    I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet you through PBL. I hope you are enjoying the rest of your summer.

    Best Wishes,
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany, thank you so much for your kind words and support! I am glad that you and others found it helpful. I too am glad that we met through PBL...and thank you also for your words about Christ. God is so good to us, and He loves us so much. God bless you! Have a great summer!

      Delete
  15. I AGREE WITH BETHANY ,YOUR BLOG AND ACCOMLISHMENT AND RELATIONSHIP WITH Christ ARE INSPIRATIONAL AND GIVING HOPE TO EVERY ONE
    keep UP YOU GOOD SPIRIT AND MOTIVATION

    HEND

    ReplyDelete
  16. My self and my Iraqi Community very pleased with all the good news about you.

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being one of the regular follower of your blog, I am amazed but not surprised with all your success. You deserved ,you earned it

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  18. I add my voice to my Iraqi community and we will stand strong and hard behind you

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also admire you my dear friend

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pleased with this big success.

    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your success and miraculous work in Famous in Quebec too.


    Pirrette

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Marina Wow

    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  23. I swear to God you are adorable

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations

    Somaya

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Job Marina.
    You are a role model in hope and recovery and maintaining success.

    Larivierre

    ReplyDelete
  26. I read the story in Mississauga News and I am impressed. I was bullied a lot and hurt a lot and I am finding comfort in your blog.

    Tran

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is amazing

    Alehandro

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are really Made for more

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very proud of you

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  30. I read the miraculous story in the news and shared with my Lebanese friends and community and I can not express how they are amazed with your determination to recover ,share your success and reach to others.

    Saab

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Marina ,you deserve the honour

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is really wonderful Marina


    Gangji

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your talent and Charisma are made for more.


    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  34. May God bless you

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  35. Heartfelt congratulations

    Magaly

    ReplyDelete
  36. I enjoy reading any thing you are writing.
    I trust your honesty and I feel you are a motivator.
    You helped me chnaging my anger behaviours and my heavy smoking.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  37. Let me give you a standing ovation for achieving and maintaining recovery and setting role model to others .


    Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are doing wonderful job

    Sherin

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Marina,

    I just read an article on cbc about your book on recovery. Your storey sounds very familiar to me.

    I was diagnosed with anorexia at age 15. I also signed myself out of treatment because it wasn't right for me the first time. The first time I was in treatment, I was also in my first year of nursing school in my home town of London at the university of western Ontario not too far from McMaster.

    I went back to treatment in my third year of nursing school, this time in Arizona. This turned my life around. The treatment in canada is incomparable to that in the United States. It was there that my recovery really started.

    I'm proud to say that I am overcoming many of my daily struggles, graduated as an RN in April, and begin a job in community health next month.

    Keep sharing your storey because there are many of us out there who haven't quite found the right words to share our own and keep fighting the good fight.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.