Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Featured on CBC!

As I struggled with ED for much of my life, I never thought that one day, I would end up in the ICU with organ failure. I never thought that I would eat again. I never thought that I would be where I am today, living healthily, eating well, and strong as ever. Nor did I ever think that I would have my own blog, let alone publish a book. And even when my book was published, I never thought it would gain so much positive reception and interest.

And yet again, I am blessed to say that my story has been featured by another organization. This time, I saw down with the CBC Hamilton and did an interview on what led up to the eating disorder in my life, what my book is about, and more. You can read the story here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/mcmaster-student-pens-book-after-nearly-dying-from-anorexia-1.2739812

Who would have ever thought that someone so thin and so sick would ever make it to this point in her life? Who would have thought that at 21, my journey with ED would be famous worldwide, and helping others to learn more about ED, mental health, and more?! I certainly didn't! I feel so blessed - and I am. Not only am I healthy and fully recovered, but my story is being used to help others and make a difference. Thank you to all my readers, family, and friends. Not many people have the courage to tell the world about their illnesses, especially when it comes to ED and mental health. Not many people experience a near-death situation and survive to tell the tale of recovery and hope. But I did - not because of my own strength, but because of God's grace, love, and plan for me. And because of all the support and care all of you have shown me.

Remember to never give up. Strive for health, happiness, and success. And do not let anyone or anything get in the way of achieving your dreams (provided they are safe and wont harm anyone!). And don't forget: we often don't understand why we are experiencing challenges and obstacles along our path. We get angry, tired, and sad - and rightly so. But do not lose hope, because one day, you will realize how that tough situation worked out for the good. And you will see that despite the tears, there were smiles. Despite the challenge, there is success. Despite the weakness, there is strength.

51 comments:

  1. You meant to get your story out to raise awareness and give hope to those who struggle .
    What a wonderful cause .

    I take my hat off for you.

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  2. On CBC
    I add my voice to yours "NO body has to suffer bullying or ED"

    Thanks for sharing Marina

    Raymond

    ReplyDelete
  3. You faced the challenge and won the battle and now you speaking up with CONFIDENCE .

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve to be famous because you accomplished what many has not been able to which is getting there health back and their life back.
    ED has been claiming many lives every day .
    Time to say with you Marina "ED enough is enough"

    Congratulations Marina

    Penny
    Medical school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course it is wonderful to have people see you beautiful picture on CBC.
    Having won the battle of ED and having that success in your life deserve a big honour.
    This is the benefit of complete recovery I have been watching since I came across your blog.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been reading your blog for almost 2 years now.
    Only recently We able to see your very beautiful picture.
    Your loving heart and compassionate attitude and beautiful face will impress and give hope to many

    God job Marina

    Jenn
    welland

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a message of hope people read on CBC!!


    Zeesman

    ReplyDelete
  8. The interview is amazing and very impressive .
    I am sure many readers will feel hopeful re recovery from an illness and get the message that when you persevere you can change course to your benefit.
    I am amazed

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  9. each time I read about your accomplishment I feel very happy for you as you deserve.
    I am saved from ED torture because I came across your blog and I trusted you and followed your tips.
    Your success is a success and victory to all of us who struggled at some point in their lives.
    Congratulations Marina

    Nanraj

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story and how did you fight a terrible disease deserve a big honour.
    Many will see how one can stand strong and hard despite the hardship.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just heard about your book - congratulations on your recovery. I also run a blog and would like to get into writing a book at some point. Would you mind walking me through some of the steps you took to write and publish your book?

    Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations .


    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yahooooooooo

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your message is clear ,even if one is sick,tired,angry or sad ,one never have to lose hope or stop fighting and stand for one's health and happiness.

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hope and faith led you to huge success

    Bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read the CBC and so I am pleased to be a new reader of your wonderful blog.

    Satnam

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am impressed with the interview.
    Good luck for a prosperous and happy future.


    Kumar

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read about you on Hamilton CBC and I will you new friend to your blog.
    You are doing a wonderful job as a young talented strong motivated girl

    Monslave

    ReplyDelete
  19. My friend told me about CBC report and I am writing to applaud all the excellent work you have been doing.

    Zapata

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your story is inspirational to many

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  21. My family very impressed with how did you and your family handled all this very well and become stronger.

    Reina

    ReplyDelete
  22. My neighbour and myself were talking about this miraculous story and how you turned things to the positives

    Regaldo

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is wonderful

    Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great Job

    Subhan

    ReplyDelete
  25. You deserve

    Gafni

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am recovered ED for 7 years and I know many who have recovered but few have gone that far in achievements and success.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I congratulate you and I am showing your book and all interviews to friends I KNOW .
    You supported me to get to recovery when I was in complete denial.


    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations

    Aeljandro

    ReplyDelete
  29. Way to go.

    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  30. God may bless all your endeavours
    I read your articles in Mississauga News.

    Aspi

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is amazing

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful

    Fabian

    ReplyDelete
  33. You made a difference and so you deserve credits.

    Gomez

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very proud of you young lady

    Aneeb

    ReplyDelete
  35. Holly Marina .

    Duana

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are a prove and witness that resilience and perseverance can create miraculous results. You are flooded with knowledge and experiences and you are reaching out to others.
    I am grateful to you as my daughter is very pleased with your book(I bought one and she is reading it without me telling her any thing)


    JP
    A thankful mother

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am lucky to be aware of your blog so that I can get to know many tips and skills.

    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are wonderful

    Larivierre

    ReplyDelete
  39. My hat off for you

    Alexus

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love you and proud of you my Egyptian friend.

    Razan (Iraqi Canadian)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Greetings and congratulations

    Peirrette

    ReplyDelete
  42. I read the interview and I take my hat off for you.


    Keystone

    ReplyDelete
  43. The interview is very productive and up to the point.

    Madiha

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your recovery is paying off and many may benefit from your story and how you made your own recovery.
    With my humble respect.

    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  45. God is working in your life.
    God raised you way up so no human being able or dare to bring you down.
    Very pleased and impressed with God's plan for your life.

    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  46. I am very impressed with your book and with the interview and I will read this book more than one time. It is well written and contains a lot of helpful tips that I can quote for my clients.

    Well done Marina

    Kelly W
    Therapist,TO

    ReplyDelete
  47. WOW and WOW

    Jasmeet

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thank you all - your kindness and support means so much! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.