Friday, 17 January 2014

Another HUGE Accomplishment!

God is so good. And thanks to all my readers and the love you show, I have yet another success to share with you all!
Let me give you a background in the internet world: websites aren't simply 'added' to the internet without ease. When I first started my blog, you likely had to bookmark the page or type the website into the internet to find my blog.

But NOW, you can find my blog by typing a few different things into google, yahoo, bing, and other search sites! Why is this such a huge deal? Well, to get your site onto search engines like this, you need to prove to the engines (Google, Yahoo, etc) that your site is popular and useful. Let's use google as an example. Google wouldn't just let my blog be on their engine if it wasn't popular. I had to apply for 'search access', which is when you apply to search engines in hope that they will feature your site on their engines. Before they do this, the tech geniuses at google evaluate your site. They find out how many people visit the site, why people are reading your blog, how popular it is around the world (not just Canada or the USA), and how many visits it gets a day. They also evaluate the site and see if it is appropriate to have as a searchable site.

I applied my blog to the search engines about four months and have been waiting for approval. And today, finally, it is HERE! You can tupe many different things into google or yahoo (or other search engines) and find my blog! Okay, okay. I will admit it. I tried a few search terms. I was excited! This is such a huge accomplishment! It means that my blog is recognized by search engines! It means that the blog gets enough viewers and readers to be searchable! Popular terms for my blog are apparently 'anorexia recovery blog' or 'marina abdel Malak blog'. You can also find my blog by typing in topics that I write about, such as 'anorexia weight gain', etc.  I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! I AM ON GOOGLE AND YAHOO AND BING!

Okay, so maybe it doesn't sound like a big deal to some people. But to me, this is a huge success. You never would be able to find my blog before by searching for it, without typing in the address. Now, my blog is searchable - it is available for all the world to see and read!!!

Thank you to all my readers and commenters - without you, my blog wouldn't be this popular or successful. Thank you to my family and friends who have supported me throughout this entire process. Thank you God for keeping me alive and healthy.

To be honest, I am not happy because my blog is popular. I am happy because this new success means that my blog is reaching people all across the world. I am happy because it means that people around the world are reading my blog and liking what they read. They are learning about ED, mental health, healthy living, nutrition, self-care, religion, and more. Readers are reading my blog and they feel that they can relate to what I write, or that they are learning something new. This new success means that I am helping people around the world. My writing and my work is making a difference in the world. I never intended for this blog to be famous. When I started it, I wanted to help people learn about ED and mental health. But God had bigger plans for this blog - and look what it has become today! I am pleased, not because of the fame of the blog, but because of the impact it is having on others' lives. I am happy, because God has used my suffering and pain to reach out to others.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
Thank you, Lord, for using my struggles to educate others, to make them aware of eating disorders, to make people feel that they are listened to, and to give others an opportunity to support one another on this blog, Truly, my weaknesses and my challenges with ED are being used for the good. And for that reason, I am thankful for all my struggles.

EDIT: Today, I found out MORE great news! My one and only older sister, Nansy (who is my best friend by the way, and the greatest sister in the world!) posted as a guest on Fr. Anthony's blog. She is so talented and beautiful - inside and out. She wrote a post about being a light in the world - and this means something very different than what you may expect! Please go and check our her post, and leave comments if applicable! Your support for my sister is much appreciated! http://franthony.com/2014/01/are-you-willing-to-be-rudolph/ . I love you Nan, and I am so proud of you - and thankful to God that He blessed me with such a wonderful sister like you. Keep smiling and being the beautiful and adorable woman you are. You are truly a woman after God's heart!

52 comments:

  1. WOW
    That is a huge sucess.
    Good for you

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is reaching people every where and I could it follow it while I was visting my country Iraq.
    Happy for you

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is realy huge accomlishment and I congrat you

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful

    Savana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations dear. This is a step closer to reaching more people and educating those who may have no other way of learning about these things. May the good Lord continue to provide you with His life-giving grace.

    Mrs. Scotts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your blog is one of the most helpful to those who have ED ,DE or any mental haeth or behaviour problem.
    You deserve to be popular

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a real achievement
    Congratulations.
    I am sure many others can benefit from your experience.

    Kadeesha

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right
    I just typed anorexia recovery 1 and your blog come up.

    Many will benefit

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it works
    Just type anorexia recovery blogger

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes
    If you just type Marina Abdel Malak ,you get most important titles written by you and your blog...Yahoo

    I proud of my Egyptian friend

    Mays from Iraq

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also Raja from Iraq and happy for Marina and her sister.

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job guys.

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holly Marina good Job
    I can access your blog from AL Salvador

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulation
    It will help people access quickly
    This help people searching the topic to see it and visit

    Congratulations

    Kelly w

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just typed Marina Abdel Malak in Google and it came up

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hend congratulate you and your sister

    ReplyDelete
  17. More blessings for you and your sister after complete recovery.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am very pleased with your blog success. I came across your blog a year and few moths ago by luck and your blog helped my daughter tremendously.
    The more easier it comes up when people search ,the more popular it will get.
    I do believe your success in just having yourself recovered and having you and your blog set example that recovery is possible is helping many people in this life .
    Canada is proud to have you and I am sure Egypt and whole world.
    I am an avid reader of your blog and I think my daughter also.

    JP( a very thankful mother)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was lucky to get to know your blog long ago and I am glad with news people will get to know your helpful blog easier.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. it is a huge achievement.
    Many times I tried seach anorexia recovery in google but only after you type the whole link till you get it but now you can find it easily.
    I am very happy when I feel people got a great hope for healthy happy from your blog.
    Your recovery is contagious.

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was lucky that one friend alerted me to your blog that saved my life.
    I think now will be easier for people who searching the topic to come across .
    I trust your blog will help many who you do not and may never know.
    Thanks to you and your blog


    Nanaraj

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a step forward
    Congratulations

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is a very important achievements .
    Now goole search will be helpful for those who are isolated from frineds.
    I got your blog from a friends ,otherwise I would not know.

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a very significant step that worth a great congatulation.
    Your efforts and persevernce evetually paid off.

    With my humble respect

    Mohammad

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulation
    Yes it is significant accomplishment.
    Jasmeet

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blog is now famous and remember I told you ,you are GEM

    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yes
    It is working now
    Greetings from Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yes
    Now easy for me when I use different computer

    Josefina

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like this

    Pyuish

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your blog deserves a big honour and this is the least google can do.

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Now this blog will be more famous

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now I can access from India

    Jagdeep

    ReplyDelete
  33. amazing accomplishment

    Saroosh

    ReplyDelete
  34. Now easier for me even when I am in Cuba

    Fernandez

    ReplyDelete
  35. Easier for me when travelling

    Gangji

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like this

    Yoganand

    ReplyDelete
  37. Feel proud of your achievement

    Elora

    ReplyDelete
  38. I am pleased with that

    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am happy for this wonderful blog

    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  40. I admire Google for this step as your blog deserves the best.

    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am very pleased

    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are doing great job in this blog

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is making too much sense for me.
    Good news to all readers

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  45. Google should make things easy .I am proud of you and your blog

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  46. You and your sister deserve respect

    Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  47. I like your blog and searching it is easier for me than searching for any topic >I find your blog has credible info, honest advise ,hope and motivation and that what we need to live happy healthy life

    horta

    ReplyDelete
  48. I admire you and your sister

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  49. The easiest way to Google is typing anorexia recovery marina blog.

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  50. You are right Jack
    I used to type anorexia recovery blog Marina and it comes up quickly

    This is the most credible and respected blog

    Mohammad
    Studying Master psychology

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks, everyone! I am so glad you can now search my blog from anywhere around the world. Thank you for the love, kindness, and support! God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.