Monday, 16 December 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Christmas is coming up very soon (almost less than a week!)! This is my absolute favourite holiday. It is such a cheerful time. Snow falls from the sky and makes everything look bright and white. Christmas songs lighten up the mood. People smile and laugh more often. We give gifts to others and enjoy seeing them smile and become surprised. Families and friends gather together and enjoy quality time with one another. (Here's a fun challenge: try to learn, using the picture here, a way of saying Merry Christmas in a different language!)

If you are religious, Christmas is also the birth of Christ. So, you can think of Christmas as being someone's birthday - Jesus'! It is wonderful to think that we are welcoming baby Jesus into the world on this day. The birth of Christ not only reminds us of how humble Jesus was to come to earth and be born as human, but also challenges us to change our hearts so that we too can welcome Jesus into our hearts.

Something I love about Christmas is being around my family and friends. Spending time with people I love and whom love me makes me feel warm and special. It reminds me of what is really important. It also gives me an opportunity to be thankful for everything that I have in this world. I am alive and healthy, and I have a great support system. God has blessed me with a love for learning and teaching, and this helps me do well in school and help others. My blog has become an international site that many read for inspiration, advice, entertainment, and guidance. Christmas is also a great time to start thinking of goals that we would like to achieve.

My Christmas wish this year is that we all continue to grow in love for one another. I hope that your days are full of blessings and smiles. Remember to stay strong and not to let anyone or anything make you feel inferior or unworthy of happiness or love. No one is worth your tears or frustrations. The world is full of people who will always dislike you or be jealous of you. Love them anyways, and pray for them (I know this is hard, but at least you will be doing the right thing and showing some maturity!). Do not let anyone treat you as though you are not as good as they are. Do not let someone crush your goals or dreams or make you feel bad about yourself. Make a  healthy goal or have a dream - and then follow it. Challenges will undoubtedly arise, but know that you are stronger than anything that comes your way. Never give up, and never (even for a second) think or feel that you are not destined to be happy or successful. I am telling you - and giving you the permission to feel and understand - that you are WORTH IT. You are BEAUTIFUL and SPECIAL and you deserve to BE HAPPY. Surround yourself with people who you love and SMILE and LAUGH. Make this Christmas and holiday season a time of PEACE and make up with anyone you may have hurt or fought with. Get rid of all the hate and sadness, and replace it with LOVE and JOY.

I pray that anyone who is ill, hurt, struggling, tired, frustrated, sad, alone, etc may be healed or have some pain taken away from them. I pray for those with hard hearts who are harsh or angry - I pray that God may instill peace within their hearts. I pray that this blog continue to be a place where we can share our thoughts together, learn, teach, pray, support, and help one another. I pray that God may bless each and every reader of this blog - whether you comment or not. Thank you for taking the time to read these words and for passing it along to anyone who may need it.

Thank you, everyone, for giving me the love, support, guidance, and care that has allowed me to  grow emotionally, mentally, spiritually, emotionally, and spiritually Thank you for supporting me in my recovery and for the prayers that are lifted for me. You are all so wonderful and hold an important place in my heart. Please enjoy this lovely time with your family and friends, eat well, laugh hard, smile wide, and spread some love. From my heart to yours, I wish you a very Merry Christmas and happy holidays!!!

54 comments:

  1. Thank you Marina for this wonderful XMAS greetings.
    I am impressed with this post and you do not imagine it just come to me from heaven right time to right person(s).
    I was feeling down having my few friends mean to me but this post came to me today bringing my spirits really up.
    I will raise my self above any negative comments.

    Thank you ,thank you,thank you Marina

    I wish you the best XMAS ever

    Maritza again

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is XMAS,Hope ,happiness .I wish I can learn how to say Merry XMAS in different languages.

    Merry XMAS Marina

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have the spirits of XMAS.
    You are asking everybody to bless those who curse and thank people who tease and be nice to those who are rude and be generous to those who are mean.
    You are really a good Chrestian and a wonderful person.
    I pray for you to have a good Christmas.


    Sunday Priest

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post for Christmas.

    Merry XMAS Marina

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Christmas post.
    Hurray

    Solomon

    ReplyDelete
  6. You add ornament to your post.
    and you made like XMAS light/

    Merry Christmas

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are really an angel
    You love those who hates
    You pray for those who curse
    You give smile to those who are angry and swearing.
    You do good for every body even those who trying to hurt.
    I do believe your God is the real God.
    As you remember I am living a happy life since I accepted Jesus Christ as my saviour.

    Merry Christmas

    Sam Ibrahim
    Burnhamthorpe ,Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you wish the best for all of us, We wish you all the best for this Christmas and with very happy and prosperous new year.
    Your blog has been inspirational and motivational promoting the best health and wellbeing to all of us whether had ED or not.
    May God bless you.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was happy to know some of my friends were talking about how good is your blog.
    I am in complete agreement and I wish very merry XMAS and happy new year

    Gangji

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fore sure you are very beautiful and skillful.
    You deserve to be and feel happy, smile and laugh.
    The years to come will be more in your favour than the previous years.
    You did struggle a lot and time has come to see the brighter side of our life.

    With my humble respect I wish a very happy Holidays

    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  11. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and very happy new Year 2014.

    You wish good for all of us and the least We can do is aknowlege your good deeds.

    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  12. You too hold an important place in our heart.
    I can tell you that no one to my knowledge has gained the love ,respect and attention from friends on the web every where that you will never met or seen as you did Marina
    With my respect and good wishes I wish you a very Merry C.


    Kelly W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for your prayers and good wishes for all those who suffer.
    Thank you for encouraging all of us to stand for ourselves and never let any body or any circumstances make us lose confidence or feel inferior or less than others .
    May the blessings of Christmas fill your life with joy.

    Nisha

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are an excellent teacher because you have been an avid learner.
    You are a very articulate talker because you are a very active excellent listener.
    You have a very wise judgement because you have had experience.
    I congratulate you for all those and much more and I do urge you to give yourself all the credits you deserve.
    No body has any rights to make any body feel less or inferior(well said Marina)

    Merry Christmas

    Penny
    Med student

    ReplyDelete
  15. You deserve the best Holiday.
    Please pamper yourself and plan to live life to the fullest.
    Thanks for the good wishes.

    Merry XMAS

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  16. You deserve to enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am one of your readers who does not leave any comment.
    I am writing to command you for the pictures especially the one saying if some one try to bring you down ,this means you are above all of them.
    I thank you for your good wishes to all your readers .

    Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  18. All the good wishes ,congratulations and thanks from all your readers to you Marina.
    Merry Christmas and a very happy new year
    You deserve a lot.

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am very proud of you and of all what you said
    I have two nasty friends in my class who have been so mean to me for no reason. They hate me and I have not done any thing wrong.
    I like what you said that if they try to bring me down, this means that I am above all of them.
    Thanks for making me feel good.
    Merry Christmas Marina

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow,the pictures are suck expressive and so meaningful.
    You not only are a GEM but a very precious one .

    Merry Christmas

    Lillian

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marina you are really Christian soul and heart.
    You love people whether nice or naughty.
    You care for all human relatives or enemies.
    That is the spirit of Christmas.

    I take my hat off for you.
    Merry Christmas

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful message just for Christmas.

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so forgiving as Jesus told us to be .
    Merry Christmas

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are the best
    Merry XMAS from Zak

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am sure you are the best and most appreciated person of the year.
    I do not know you personally but reading your blog making me feel as if I know you for years.
    You are such a wonderful hard working honest helpful and caring person.
    Hard to see somebody same as you.

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your post is the best message to conclude the year full of work. Job well done

    Azadi

    ReplyDelete
  27. As you remember I am Raja from Iraq .I am very proud of you and I wish you a very Merry Christmas.
    You are the best friend

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in Iraq for a short visit and I wish you a very happy Christmas.
    Very proud of you in my home country Iraq and I thank you as I learnt a lot of coping skills from you.

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Marina
    As you know this is my first Christmas after my complete recovery.I am now eating healthy,feeling happy and able to socialize and I did well so far at my school and I was able to engage with my new class(As you rememebr I am behind 1 year when I went to treatment program.)
    I can guess my family is planning a surprize for me as this my first Christmas after recovery and I am normal not anger or isolated.

    Have a very Merry Christmas

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so graeful to you and I thank you and I wish you the best happiness and best Christmas .
    I am planning a Christmas trip gift for my daugher as she is recoveriing well and now really eating well and sleeping well and she has become like my best friend.
    All the changes happened to her thanks to your help and support.
    Once again Merry Christmas

    JP
    A thankful mother

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Guys
    I am also doing much better and I can bet I am completley recovered and I will enjoy my Christmas with joy and happiness .I will be happy to share my meals with families and friends and I will dance from happiness when I share gifts.
    It is time to thank you you Marina for changing my life from restriction and hate to foods to normal eating and loving all foods and from feeling miserable and tired to feeling happy,smiling and optomistic.

    Merry Christmas

    Nanaraj

    ReplyDelete
  32. We apprecaite your efforts and We do love you Marina.
    Happy Holidays

    Kadari on behalf of your readers

    ReplyDelete
  33. Merry Christmas Marina
    You had a good year

    Savana

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Marina Marina I loved this wonderful post.
    You did an excellent job.
    Enjoy the blessings of a Merry Christmas

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so wonderful page ,with colored pictures like Christmas lights.

    Jasmeet

    ReplyDelete
  36. Despite the many duties and commitments you had but you did all the best and you maintained your recovery, helped others, continued studying at your university,
    many interviews and presentations.
    WOW,

    Merry Christmas

    Cindrella

    ReplyDelete
  37. Merry XMAS

    Vuk

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love XMAS and this XMAs is my 7th years without relapse .
    I applaud you for your perseverance all the year and you did amazing.
    I wish you and all readers the best in 2014.
    Merry XMAS every body

    ReplyDelete
  39. You deserve Kudos and Merry XMAS

    S K

    ReplyDelete
  40. I remember you had last XMAS as the first for years that you enjoyed without any worry.
    I am sure this one will be much better as you are now not only completely recovered but you are pro who coach others to recovery.

    Merry XMAS from a thankful mother JP

    ReplyDelete
  41. I wish you all good

    Jagdeep

    ReplyDelete
  42. Kudos To Marina and her family, friends and readers.
    Merry XMAS

    Hernandez

    ReplyDelete
  43. To the best of my knowledge ,you had a very productive year.
    You were able not only to help yourself to recovery but you coached others.
    You continued this blog despite you were busy at schools and interviews and presentations and family obligation and church duties among many others.

    It is time to enjoy a very Merry Christmas.

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  44. Kudos to you and Merry XMAS

    Mehta

    ReplyDelete
  45. Jesus was born in a humble cave in Bethlehem with the animals providing warmth with their breath. The appearance of Christ on earth in such humility shows that Jesus arrived with the very humanistic message that God was not a punisher but, on the contrary, a compassionate creator.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  46. Marina the angel
    You love Christmas so much and Christ loves you so much.
    I love all the picture and I wish you a very Merry Christmas and very happy new Year.
    You are the best

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  47. Felis Navidad
    We Love You
    NNN

    ReplyDelete
  48. I had lots of fun and I hope you had lots of happiness

    Elora

    ReplyDelete
  49. I did enjoy the spirit of XMAS despite the ice storm and power failure.
    Thank God our house lit up by XMAS morning and that was inspiring to all my family.
    I wish the whole blessing of XMAS to you Marina


    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  50. After all the blessings of Christmas ,I wish you and all your readers very happy new year 2014.
    I wish you devote 2014 to catch up all the enjoyments and fun you have missed over the last few years.

    Jenn
    welland

    ReplyDelete
  51. I think you have had a very productive year ,you enforced your recovery and kept your educational commitments and you helped many others ,,,touch wood
    I also think the best is yet to come in the year(s) a head

    WOW
    Madiha

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thanks Marina for your commitment and hard work.
    I wish you all the happiness.
    Very proud of you

    Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  53. I have seen many nurses in my life and non of them even close to your standard.
    You set a role model of self help and self treat.You believed in your own ability and you used the knowledge,skill and supported with your motivation to change and make a difference.
    You recovered with no help from a hospital or a program.
    You used the resources available wisely
    You raised awareness to the seriousness of the ED and you did what you you can within your hands to help youngsters not fall to ED traps.

    We all appreciate your resilience.
    You deserve a big thumbs up

    NA

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you to everyone and I pray you all had a Merry Christmas as well! Blessings and lots of love to you all!

    ReplyDelete