Thursday, 26 March 2015

Published again! - and birthday celebrations

I am blessed to say that once again, my writing has been featured on Fr. Anthony's site. This time, my post is about suffering and pain, and how to communicate with God during these times:http://franthony.com/how-long-o-lord/

I will be honest with you, I find that when I get overwhelmed by the troubles in this world, it becomes difficult to do anything. And sometimes, the hardest thing to do during tribulations is to pray. We all have times when we don't feel like talking to God - and this is harder when we feel angry or fearful that God has forgotten about us.

Here is a little secret: God can never forget about us. He loves us unconditionally. And He has His eyes on you all the time, His hands around you to protect you, and His ears ready to listen. I know that sometimes it is hard to pray and communicate with God when we are facing obstacles because we don't understand why things are happening as in our lives. But know this: 'all things work together  for the good for those who love God' (Romans 8:28)

Do not feel that when you pray to God, you need to use lavish, big words. Or fancy terms. The wonderful thing about prayer is that we can do it as informally as we like. I have moments when I talk openly with God, honestly telling Him how tired I am. How I am lacking motivation. How I need hope and peace. And I know that He is always listening.

Please check the post out and feel free to comment here/on Fr. Anthony's blog and let me know what you think!

To add to that, I am also blessed to be celebrating my birthday this week! I cannot believe that another year has passed, and I am alive, healthy, and well. I am a registered nurse, I am a health-advocate, a writer, and a volunteer in many places.





It is a blessing to be able to breathe on my own, to walk, to talk, to play, and to engage in everyday activities. My life has definitely been full of ups and downs...but each time there was a low point, God and the support of all my friends and family (and you, dear readers!) has brought me back up again. And do you know what? I am truly thankful for every obstacle I have faced, every challenge I endured, and every tear I cried. Because these experiences have honestly made me into the person I am today. I pray that in this new year of my life, I can continue to help others, to share my story to new listeners, and to grow in wisdom, love, understanding, kindness, compassion, and every good virtue.

61 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Marina

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. If my name written on the palm of God 'palm ,I should not worry about any thing in this world and I should be the happiest .I need to trust God.

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is your Birthday Gift
    Happy birthday and congratulations with God's blessings


    Hanan

    ReplyDelete
  4. God gives us hope and happiness. Happy Birthday Marina


    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Marina , thank God for his love and strength, we are very proud of you, God bless you and keep you for us. ��
    Nabila

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the blessings on your Birthday .


    Hamza

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent reflection .
    Happy Birthday

    Gangji

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you will continue the path and prosper in God.
    Be proud of what you have accomplished and continue to persevere. Happy Birthday.

    Sam Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and Friday Marina

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful and good news on your Happy birhday

    Teal

    ReplyDelete
  11. God will never forget you .
    Enjoy your Birth month

    Marshal

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Big Birthday congrat


    Luceane

    ReplyDelete
  14. God Bless you and happy birthday.

    Kirello

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful
    Enjoy the birth month

    Leo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy birthday

    Arsenalut

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations and happy birth day

    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  19. As I said your strong belief is a great asset and support and key to your success.
    Happy Birthday

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beauty to have strong belief and trust in God
    Happy Birth day

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank God for all the blessings .
    Happy birth day


    Kadesha

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow
    Congratulations and happy birth day

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations and happy birthday

    Sung

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy birth day

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  26. With God blessing your path, you will be successful and happy year after year.


    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  27. God's eyes on us all the time.
    Your trust in Almighty is your asset.


    Shakira

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday

    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  29. God is great and always gives us what is good for us
    Happy birthday Marina


    With my humble respect
    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations
    Talented writer and role model of strong belief and trusting God deserve the honor of publications here and there. Happy birthday


    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  31. You have been a wonderful job and God will never leave you alone .


    Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations

    Sissi

    ReplyDelete
  33. May God bless you and make you what He wants you to be .
    You are role model for perseverance and patience .

    Mary
    Mississauga

    Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations .

    Eduarda

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am happy for your success and I congratulate you for all your talented ideas

    Lavois

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations and happy Birthday.


    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very happy for your success
    Happy birthday

    Gustavo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations

    Sousa

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your good work got to be rewarded.


    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congratulations


    Zamar

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations and happy birth day

    Siccurella

    ReplyDelete
  42. The wonderful work must be rewarded.


    Jackobson

    ReplyDelete
  43. The sky is the limit. Publishing now is just a little gift for your birthday.

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  44. You are excellent writer,articulate speaker and strong believer.

    ReplyDelete
  45. God allows suffering but gives us the strength to handle. You are a real time witness.

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  46. Happy birthday


    Jasmeet

    ReplyDelete
  47. God will never forget you and will always reward your perseverance and altruism.


    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  48. Happy Birthday


    Vuk

    ReplyDelete
  49. I wish you all the happiness on your birthday.
    This is the week of the Holy Easter and I wish you all your readers all the blessings.

    Rodica

    ReplyDelete
  50. Keep up the excellent job


    Sanjay

    ReplyDelete
  51. Good Job Marina


    Terryberry

    ReplyDelete
  52. Happy birthday

    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  53. Keep up ,
    All the best for birthday

    Sandra D

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hey congratulations

    Cosma

    ReplyDelete
  55. This is wonderful

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  56. God bless you.
    Happy birthday

    Afshan

    ReplyDelete
  57. I take my hat off for you.

    Rice

    ReplyDelete
  58. God is our shepherd and so you will be successful


    Hanaa

    ReplyDelete
  59. Congratulations

    Jakobson

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you so much everyone! And a very happy Easter to all those celebrating; may this time of renewal and peace and joy bring you all many blessings! God bless all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Peace upon you and your family.
    I wish you all the blessings
    Happy birthday


    Mubayed

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.