Wednesday, 31 December 2014

2015!!!

Happy New Years to everyone! Once again, today marks the beginning of another year in our lives - 2015!

As always, I wish you and your loved ones a safe, successful, and blessed new year. I hope that this new year brings you laughter, memories, smiles, and joy.


As the new year rolls in, many people are faced with the dreaded 'resolutions'. Simply put, a resolution is a promise to do something. Many find that the new year is the best time to make resolutions because it symbolizes that you are starting the new right 'fresh' with new goals. However, the new year is not the only time when you can make new goals...but it can be a good time to stop and reflect.

I always take time at this point in the year to think about my last year - 2014 in this case. 2014 was full of events for me: my book got published, I have various presentations to organizations, I completed my nursing degree, etc. It was also my solid two-year recovery mark. Aside from that, I've grown personally. I've become a stronger and wiser person.





Looking into the new year, I always like to make goals for myself. These aren't your typical new year resolutions...they are more like my personal goals for what I want to achieve or become in this new stage of my life (2015). I've decided to share some of my goals for the new year with you. Do any of these apply to you as well?
-I want to maintain my recovery and health. I'm doing very well, and I know that this will continue. I want to continue to use my experiences to ell others, whether this means giving presentations, doing interviews, or simply supporting others.
-I want to become more positive. I'm generally an optimistic person, but I want to train myself to look at situations with an eye towards what they can teach me. This is very hard to do. But I've noticed that when I'm positive, situations are a lot easier to handle. I know this will take time, but I'm ready for the challenge!
-I want to make an effort to see the views of others as much as possible. This means that when I'm in a disagreement with others, I'm going to avoid arguing. I'm going to first consider their point of view and avoid becoming defensive. This is really hard to do, especially when we feel that we are correct. However, I've seen that simply listening to others and acknowledging their feelings can do wonders. It allows us to consider how others are feeling, and helps us to see where the argument or problem may be. This is an excellent way to resolve conflicts.

I strongly suggest that you take some time to reflect on your own past year, and think of what you want to accomplish or practice in the coming year. Remember that you need not create goals that have a 'due date'; however, you should make goals that you are committed to. You should also try to write these goals down so that you can occasionally look and then and review your progress. Your list can have as little as one goal - it doesn't matter! Regardless, ensure that these goals are truly something you hope to achieve in this year, whether they be physical, mental, emotional, personal, spiritual, or interpersonal. Feel free to share your goals, if you wish, in the comments section of this post!

I am wishing you a very happy and blessed new year! Remember that no matter what you decide are valuable  goals for you, the important thing is that you take the time to reflect on what the past year has been like for you, that you establish new goals for the upcoming year, and that you dedicate yourself to achieving these goals. Just remember the acronym RED: reflect on the past year, establish new goals, and dedicate yourself to accomplishing the goals. (Yes, I made up that acronym. But it works, right? This is what I've been using, and it really helps me remember the process of making goals for the new year!). Think of it this way: red symbolizes love and success. When you reflect on the past year and make goals for the new year, you will be setting the pathway for the new year to be full of love and success for you and others!

54 comments:

  1. After a very successful 2014,We all your readers wish you happy 2015

    Sebasian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you all the best in 2015

    Clorado

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for 2015.

    Frost

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a fulfulling happy 2015

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Warm wishes for a prosperous 2015

    Morello

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your published book was the hallmark of your 2014
    I wish you well in 2015


    Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  7. Year 2012 you achieved the recovery from a very serious deadly disease.
    Years 2013,2014 you maintained the recovery and set a role model to many through this blog.
    Year 2014 you came up with a wonderful book to guide and motivate others.
    I wish you the scussess and happiness in 2015


    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck in 2015

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marina
    Over 2012 through to 2014 You showed all your reader that you are RESILIANT.
    Resilient people are said to be “like bamboo in a hurricane – they bend, but they never break.”
    Resilience is the ability to face life’s challenges, to be flexible, to adapt, and to move beyond. Resilience doesn’t mean
    that you’ll never experience trauma or set-back; that you’ll never feel sad, lost or overwhelmed; and it’s not a trait
    you’re born with. Resilient people use skills and strategies that we can all learn and practice: they take care of
    themselves, set realistic goals, manage stress, keep a positive outlook, are open to change, and most importantly, foster
    a strong support system they can lean on.


    I wish you will continue as strong and as resiliant as you set a role model to readers and many others

    Happy New year 2015 Marina .

    Kelly W
    To

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new year


    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only I congratulate you for all the achievement but I appalud you for comleting your nursing school even when you were very sick you did not miss one single year( Iam myself one year behind but my recovery worth many years)

    Congratulations for all what you accomlished and thank you for reaching out to others through this blog or yor book.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Marina
    I congratulate you for all the accomlishment and I do congratulate you for setting goals to work on in 2015.
    I agree with you reflecting on yourself,validations of others and lisetning to them without arguemnt and looking for the positives even when thing do not look positive etcc all those are the key to happiness and good feelings

    I am myself working on them and trying to set a role model for my clients whne I start a job as psychologist.

    With my humble respect

    Muhammad

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will do my best to maiatain positive

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. My goal is to avoid any argument with others and to look at their point carefully the way they see it before the way I see it.

    Morello

    ReplyDelete
  15. My resolution is to continue to smile to others and listen to their feelings

    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope that everyone is having a good year so far. I want to be a blessing and spread love this year. I hope I can do that with God’s help.

    chelsey

    ReplyDelete
  17. My resolutions are same as last years is taking care of ME and my wellbeing

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 2015 Marina

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marina please pray for me and all of those who suffered to have a pleasant year and be nice to one another without blame .

    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful post just for the new year
    2015


    Helga

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will be optimistic like you Marina

    Shady

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will continue to maintain my health and happiness and will continue to remember you as the one person who helped me to seek help and recover.

    Nanraj

    ReplyDelete

  23. Hi Marina
    Here is what I am hoping to live with the rest of my life.

    1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay them!

    2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

    3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

    4. Enjoy the simple things.

    5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

    6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

    7. Surround yourself with what you love , whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

    8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

    9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next city; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

    10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.


    ALWAYS REMEMBER……

    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  24. My resolution is to look after my health and continue reading this blog

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy new year 2015

    fernnie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I will read this blog at least weekly and will take care of my feelings more .

    Magaly

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wish you all the best

    Wright

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy year

    Frost

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every thing will be better in 2015 for all of us

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hapy 2015

    D Little

    ReplyDelete
  31. Year after year your talent will be famous and prevail
    Have a good year 2015

    Maritza

    ReplyDelete
  32. Have a wonderful year

    Lenus

    ReplyDelete
  33. enjoy the best of 2015

    Sam Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy 2015.
    Y are a gem

    Lilian

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy year

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  36. You are wonderful and so will be 2015 for you.


    Lazarra

    ReplyDelete
  37. Have a wonderful year

    Segovia

    ReplyDelete
  38. Have a wonderful year

    Perrette

    ReplyDelete
  39. On behalf of all Iraqi I wish you all the success in 2015


    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am sure your stars will shine in 2015

    Zak

    ReplyDelete
  41. Safety,health and happiness are number one priority in 2015.
    All the best Marina

    Vuk

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am Raja .
    I would like to say haoppy new year.
    You are the best friend that I know from far .

    Raja

    ReplyDelete
  43. Happy year

    Edgar

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy best year


    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  45. God bless you this year and every year

    Romano

    ReplyDelete
  46. Way up in 2015

    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a wonderful post for 2015

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  48. You shook the world by your amazing recovery from serious disease and by setting a role model.

    Juliana

    ReplyDelete
  49. Happy new year

    Horvath

    ReplyDelete
  50. Very bright post for a brighter year

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  51. Happy 2015

    Angello

    ReplyDelete
  52. Happy days a head

    Kirrello

    ReplyDelete
  53. Wish you a wonderful year

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  54. Thank you all! May 2015 bring you all joy and peace and success, and may God bless each of you! It will be another good year we all share in this blog together!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.