Monday, 1 June 2015

A little update! :)


Canadian weather has me confused. Two weeks ago, I was boiling. I was eating ice cream as fast as I could before it melted in the sweltering heat. I had my air conditioner on, and I was pulling out my capris and t-shirts, fully prepared to wear summer clothes from now on. It was around 37 degrees Celsius one day...quite hot!

Then, this past weekend was chilly. As in, the temperature was only around 10 degrees. EXCUSE ME?! I had to reluctantly turn off my air conditioner, and pull out my spring coat. What is going on here? What happened to the warm weather?! I mean, it is June 1st today...shouldn't it be hot outside already?!

Well, regardless of the weather, at least the 'season' of summer is here. That means no more school...for now! My graduation is coming up next week, and I am super excited. I cannot believe that I have completed my degree.

I think back to my first year of university...when I thought that I might never make it alive. I didn't realize how ill I was...but I was pretty sick. Things got worse before they got better, and soon enough. I was on life-support in the intensive care unit (ICU). I did not think that I would ever complete my degree, or live a happy life again. And at times, I didn't want to live, anyways. I wanted to die. I had no reason inside of me to live...the illness had taken everything joyous out of my life.

Then I became determined to get better...but this alone was more difficult that I had imagined it to be. Eating again seemed strange to me...I did not know how I could sit at a table multiple times a day and look at food...and then eat it. And honestly, I don't know how I did it. The support and love of all my friends and family certainly encouraged me to fight. The strength of God helped me find courage in the face of obstacles. You, dear readers, helped me stay strong, even when I wanted to give up.

Fast-forward to today, when I am graduating in a week. I still cannot believe how far I have come. God is so good. He used my pain for the good. I have learned so much about myself throughout this journey. I have become wiser and stronger. I have learned to accept challenges as they come, knowing that one day, I will realize how they have helped me become a better or stronger person. I have learned to keep my body healthy, and my mind comfortable. I have learned to cherish every moment with my friends and family members. I have written a book in hopes that it will help others who are struggling. I have tried my best to become a better person, one who embraces life with optimism, strength, motivation, and love.

One thing that still makes me anxious is the future. What will it hold? What will happen in my life? Will I find a job? Have my own family? Make a decent amount of money? Continue to help others? Feel happy and content? Travel the world? Learn new skills? Take up new hobbies?

I don't know what the future holds. But I know who holds my future: God. And He has never left me...my past is evidence of this. I know He has my future planned...and His plans are always the best. And I know that regardless of where life takes me, I have the support and love of my friends, family, community, and readers...and that's all I need. I am confident that whatever path my life takes, it will work out for the best. All I pray for is that I can use my knowledge, skills, and experiences to help others, to give back to all those who are in need. To continue to learn and develop into a person who can truly make a difference.

I don't know what my future holds...but I'll find out one day! Life is like a roller-coaster - it has ups and downs. I might as well enjoy the ride!

 

40 comments:

  1. Congratulations
    You believed in God and God raised you from to the bottom to the top

    Kapoor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for turning your life back and giving hope to many who struggled.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are winning the battle against ED,
    Your sufferings made you really stronger.

    Blanchette

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did Girl

    Congrat and cheer

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am as happy as you are .
    Very proud of your accomplishments my dear friend .

    Mays

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow
    Big Congratulations

    Anastashia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful job
    Heartfelt congratulations.
    This is the blessings of complete recovery.
    You suffered enough and now time to reap all the fruits and rewards of your patience and persistence.

    Mary
    Mississauga

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly

    You deserve big thumbs up

    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes dear Marina
    Even after the darkest night ,soon the sun will rise again.
    You had enough of tough nights and days and it is time for life to give you what you deserve.

    Kelly W

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations


    Savana

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am for one ,on behalf of all your readers, admire you for your motivation to overcome this illness and your victory is victory for all those who suffer.


    Zeesman

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations

    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I believe you were confident in your ability to recover and you were trusting GOD

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  15. believe you were confident in your ability to recover and you were trusting GOD

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very happy that finally sun is shinning in your house and earth is smiling at you.
    You deserve


    Sheila Ketson

    ReplyDelete
  17. You pulled yourself from the bottom and God raised you to the top

    God Bless
    Congratulations

    Oswaldo

    ReplyDelete
  18. You helped me to regain my self esteem and I am for one stand with my heart wishing you all the best.
    I know you go from one success to next.
    Knowing this blog is my big asset.


    Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations
    You are amazing


    Regaldo

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are non stoppable because you continue despite all the obstacles and hardship

    What a role model


    Sam Ibrahim

    ReplyDelete
  21. You changed the bad into good and the good in your life to better.
    You are hopeful role model
    Congratulations

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  22. I believe somebody has your talents and skills ,would not worry at all about future as you can make a good future no matter what circumstance you will be.

    Sorina

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done

    Congratulations

    Svetlana

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am very proud of you and can not believe that you overcome all tough time and supervened in great success

    Razan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nothing will stop you
    The sky is the limit

    Yara

    ReplyDelete
  26. With addiction, you figure out how to lock the tiger in its cage and keep it there. With an eating disorder, you have to figure out how to take the tiger out and walk it sevral times a day.

    Good for you for taking charge

    TM

    ReplyDelete
  27. Coagulations for keeping the tiger under your control whether looked into a cage or let him walks under control.

    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations for the big graduations

    Sung

    ReplyDelete
  29. Big WOW

    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  30. You made girl

    Congrat

    larry

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your success gives me great hope for my future.
    I will try follow your path.

    My best congratulations

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  32. You aere on the righr track.

    Congratultions


    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am celebrtaing with you and your parents.
    You mean a lot to me.Since I came acros your blog and you helped me with my daughter illness through this blog,you touched my heart and soul.
    Congratulations


    JP( A very thankful mother)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations

    Kerr

    ReplyDelete
  35. You deserve a big party
    Congaratultion

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations


    Rajca

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratultions


    Jorge

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations for the big honour and reward


    Sanjeet

    ReplyDelete
  39. I saw you on TV last night.
    God bless you

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.